Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!



Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a really important day to me. If you are not American then you most likely never heard of it. Martin Luther King Jr. was a African-American who basically lead the Civil Rights Movie back in the early 1960s. He is a historical figure for not just African-American Rights but rights for all people. Women, Jews, Asians, Muslims, etc.

Without Martin Luther King Jr. I would not have my sister. My mom was a foster parent before me and my 3 other siblings were born. She took care mostly of African-American kids in the 80s. My sister mom was in jail and her mom asked my mom to adopt her at only 1 day old. My mom would've adopted more African-American kids but they were under a different lawyer and the lawyer did not let my mom have them since she was white and he did not believe that African-Americans and Caucasians should be a family. Also without Martin Luther King Jr. I would not have my niece and nephew who I love very much. Thanks MLK Jr. :)


From,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment